The movie Inglourious Basterds has the largest cast of characters (with speaking roles) of any Tarantino film to date. Just take a look to this list:
- Brad Pitt as Lt. Aldo Raine aka "Aldo the Apache": An illiterate hillbilly from the mountains of Tennessee, who puts together a team of eight Jewish-American soldiers. He bears a rope burn on his neck, which will never be mentioned in the film (the script hints that he might have survived a lynching). One of the film´s main protagonists: the character has been described as "a voluble, freewheeling outlaw" similar to Jules Winnfield from Tarantino's Pulp Fiction.
- Eli Roth as Sgt. Donnie Donowitz: "A baseball bat-swinging Nazi hunter" who is known as "The Bear Jew" among Nazis. Some of them seem to believe that Donowitz is in fact, a vengeful golem.
- B. J. Novak as PFC Utivich aka "The Little One"
- Til Schweiger as Sgt. Hugo Stiglitz: A German-born psychopath recruited by Aldo Raine to kill Nazis.
- Samm Levine as PFC Hirschberg
- Omar Doom as PFC Ulmer
- Michael Bacall as Zimmerman
- Gedeon Burkhard as CPL. Wilhelm Wicki: An Austrian Jew.
- Paul Rust as an unnamed Basterd
- Michael Fassbender as Lt. Archie Hicox: A "snappy and handsome British Lieutenant" and movie buff. He is described in the script as a "young George Sanders type". One of the film's main protagonists, albeit introduced later in the movie.
- Mike Myers as Gen. Ed Fenech: A British "military mastermind" who provides a plot to kill Nazi leadership.
- Rod Taylor as Winston Churchill: The then Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
The Jews (in Occupied France)
- Melanie Laurent as Shoshanna Dreyfus: A young Jewish girl on the run. One of the film's main protoganists
- Lea Seydoux as Young Shoshanna
- Cloris Leachman as Mrs. Himmelstein
- Christoph Waltz as Col. Hans Landa: A charming yet sinister pipe-smoking Nazi officer nicknamed the "Jew Hunter" in reference to his keen ability to locate Jews hiding throughout France. The primary antagonist of the film.
- Daniel Bruhl as Frederick Zoller: A German war hero starring in Joseph Goebbels newest Propaganda Film (entitled "Stolz der Nation") which is actually directed by Eli Roth.
- August Diehl as Major Deiter Hellstrom
- Sonke Mohring as Private Butz
- Richard Sammel as Sgt. Werner Rachtman
- Sylvester Groth as Joseph Goebbels
- Martin Wuttke as Adolf Hitler
- Samuel L. Jackson as The Narrator
- Diane Kruger as Bridget von Hammersmark: A popular film star in Nazi Germany and a spy for the Allies.
- Julie Dreyfus as Francesca Mondino: Joseph Goebbel's mistress.
- Maggie Cheung as Madame Mimeux: A beautiful French woman who owns a cinema in Paris.
- Ludger Pistor as Wolfgang, a role Tarantino added specifically for him.
- Christian Berkel as Eric: The Barkeeper
- Jacky Ido as Marcel: Shosanna's beloved and a projectionist at Mimeux's cinema
- Denis Menochet as Perrier LaPadite
- Jana Pallaske as an unconfirmed character
- Enzo G. Castellari has said that Tarantino "wrote him a small part in the script." He has been seen walking around the set wearing a Nazi costume.
That's indeed a large cast. But I'm confident in Quentin Tarantino's ability to manage all the actors and produce an incredible movie. The Inglorious Basterds will be awesome!